Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

Scrap Around the World April Mood Board

Today I wanted to share with you this months Scrap Around the World Aprils mood board challenge. This stunning board was created by Riikka Kovasin. As soon as I saw this board I knew exactly what I wanted to do and these moments of thought are very rare !!!


"Dont over think, just let it go''
MME pp, Unity Butterfly stamp, Dylusions, Basic Grey alphas
Scrap FX chipboard.

I took influence from the vibrant butterflies. I stamped all the butterflies and did some fussy cutting, to help create multiple layers. I used Dylusions to make them vibrant.


The circle chipboard mimics the center of the quote in the trunk. The wood pattern paper also reflects that image as well the cracked image.



The quote for me was perfect for the photo, my boys. Getting them to take a great photo is hard, they tend to put on false smiles, which makes them look tense, but if you get them distracted with other things, you get great photos.

I hope you like my interpretation of this month mood board, you still have time to enter... so why not give Scrap Around the World's April board a go?

12 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!! wow! LOVE the butterflies. just superb..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing as always Rikki. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along at Scrap Around the World. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, I love the butterflies.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. The butterfiles are wonderful. I love that composition around the photo. Thanks for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes Rikki this is STUNNING! the butterflies are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this gem with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rikki this is so beautiful. Love it, love it, love it. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoaa! This is stunning! I'm lost for words now! WOW! Thank you for drawing inspiration from my mood board and joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! LOVE that swarm of butterflies, just beautiful! amazing colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Rikki - great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is divine, an ultimate 'feel good' page! Thank you for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of combining the text with butterflies! Brilliant!! And wonderful layout. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete