Pages

Friday 13 May 2016

Mixed media fun with Shop and Crop

Good morning how are you? I have another layout using the last of my bits and pieces from my May Shop and Crop design team kit. I have to say I am trying to get into the habit of using the last bits and pieces rather than have small amounts of pattern papers and embellishments just lying around. Lets face it I always say I am going to go back and use them and I dont and I also know that I am not going to throw them away either...... so the obvious solution is it use the bits and create another layout. 

This is where getting your mixed media supplies out will help you achieve this goal, I know when I do mixed media all I am really after is scraps of pattern paper and embellishments like enamel dots, wood veneers and some alphas. Oh and of course a good stencil some texture paste and a mist!!!!



 #56 /365



One of my favourite things to do when I have limited pattern paper is grab a heart punch and punch out all my scraps and just put them in a little bowl so I can layer and scatter throughout the layout.



The Pinkfresh Studio Washi book is a great thing to have on hand to finish off the layout and especially fun when you layer a few pieces together, I have to be honest it doesnt tear like a roll of washi so to start it off I just put the washi into my cutter and gave it a light score to start it off.....


I  love these Pinkfresh Studio puffy sequin stickers so much easier than the real thing and I dont have to worry about them coming off when I put them in the album sleeves!!!



I love vellum and especially gold foil vellum!!! Why dont you run it through a die to make and embellishment for your page and you still will have plenty left over to use for later.



Ok I have to say one of things that does my head in as a scrapper is Thickers!!! Love them and hate them at the same time, I love when you get a new packet and it sticks straight away however if you are like me you have a slight addiction to them which means you have loads of them..... 

The problem when they get a little older they dont stick so rather than have a bunch of alphas in the bottom of your album sleeves I now just sew through them in the machine. All I do is make the stick length a little longer to be kinder on my sewing machine, problem solved!!!.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips, I too hate when thickers don't stick! Never thought of sewing them, I have been avoiding using them, or gluing straight away, not giving them the chance to fall off!!
    Very pretty page too by the way

    ReplyDelete