Pages

Saturday 24 June 2023

Fresh Air for Bee Arty

 Good evening how are you all? Busy, busy here myself with getting creative and also prepping for an up and coming retreat, let me tell you my fingers are burnt from the hot glue.

So today I am sharing with you one of my processes when it comes to working out my mixed media backgrounds. 


I work and play in my art journal.....




My art journals tend to be where I work out colour combos, techniques and other things before I start playing with my scrap pages, especially when  I am lacking ideas, or not to sure how it will work out.

So then my art journals become a how to guide so I dont forget how I did it.



This is also a good time to crack out the old washi tapes and add them into your backgrounds, who doesnt love washi tapes.


When you layer your inks you end up with a nice Bokeh effect.




Adding some fussy cutting pieces you can create a finished journal page.



Its all about the layers, washi, stamping , inking, stenciling, splatting ink, and ephemera.



So why dont you create your own journal as a go to guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment