Pages

Thursday 28 February 2013

Every Human is an Artist???

This is something that I have always wanted to try but have always held myself back from doing as I feared that it wouldn't be good enough and lets face it there are some really talented mixed media artists out there, but I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go when I was at this months Scrapbooks From the Hearts 12 hour crop
 
So for this a little bit of prep was required I need to do the texture paste and the gesso before I went on the event  because I am inpatient and I don't like to wait for things to dry lol, this way it was done the night before and already to go...
 
The best part about this style of scrapbooking is how the page evolves I started with watercolours but decide I wanted brighter so I used some Dylusion but they where too bright so I brought at Scrapbooks From the Hearts some Tim Holtz stains and just painted them on so I could get the right effect....
 
So have any of you tried the mix media? if so and you want to share just post a link to your blog and I will come and get some inspiration.
 

" Beautiful Art''

Crafters workshop template, texture paste, gesso, watercolours,
Dylusions, Tim Holtz stains, Prima flower,
Queen and Co washi tape, Heidi Swapp alphas, Lilly Bee mini alphas. 


4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout Rikki..Love the saying and your pic and you know that Im biased with the colours...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou I am in love with this colour combo and loving the creative bit at the moment..

      Delete
  2. Fabulous job! Very very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete